Testo Alternativo
Testo Alternativo
Testo Alternativo
Testo Alternativo
Testo Alternativo
Testo Alternativo
Home

Sector G - Cava - Veilino

mappa del settore GThis sector is characterized by the presence of the Memorial to the Fallen, which has been planned by Michele Fenati as an extension and a decoration of a grand staircase and a gallery, which had been previously built and inaugurated on May the 24th, 1936. At the beginning it has held only the corpses of the soldiers of the Great War, but since some time it holds also the corpses of the soldiers who have fought in the African Campaigns.

 

Through the portal, which is in the centre of the great monumental staircase, you can reach the austere crypt. The portal is surmounted by a broken tympanum with a cross; on the six pillars in the sides there are six bronze eagles which have been realized by Attilio Perducca. The interior, which is composed by a main aisle and two symmetrical wings which are perpendicular to the main aisle, has been built in a classical style and is characterized by a grey and green marble covering, which makes reference to the military uniform. There is also an altar which is placed in the middle and is ornamented with a bronze crucifix which has been realized by Antonio Morera, and some mosaics, which have been drawn by Pietro Dodero. Both these two artists were former combatants.
 

 

Download map sector G

 

Monumenti: